Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Paris for Prez

I'm assuming all of my loyal readers are aware of Paris Hilton's ad-rebuttal to John McCain. (In a perfect world that link will still work 8 hours from now). I am not a fan of Paris Hilton, but I've gotta admit, she had a decent point about the energy crisis.

That aside, I thought I'd take a rare opportunity to blog about a current event from my ever so (cough cough) objective point of view.

It is my not even remotely humble opinion that she just validated McCain's claim that Obama is little more than a celebrity candidate by simply replying with her own ad. It also amuses me that she just may have enough smarts somewhere in that bleached blonde brain of hers to actually be a viable candidate for public office.

Other seeming dingbats have done such a good job at playing dingbats because they were actually very intelligent. Could it be that Paris sports cerebral function enough to make a useful difference in this world? If so, her reputation as a ditz without a care could be at stake.

Then again, I can't think of a better job for a bad actor than as a politician.

No comments: