Monday, March 12, 2007

lush


pines by =Miladydaisy on deviantART

Spring is trying valiantly to blossom out from under wintery skies. It's a bit easier in Georgia than it is in, say, Minnesota. When I saw phlox in full color, I realized that there were no crocuses to break through frozen ground. But then, there's no frozen ground, either.

Azalea's are dotting their green bushes with spots of pink, red, white, and it signals that the Masters' Tournament is just around the corner in Augusta. In short, if you feel the need to visit the Augusta area, avoid the dates of the Masters' Tournament. Unless you want to spend $250 a night for a room that usually costs $32.99. No, I'm not kidding.

But I digress. This is about spring, and the inevitable pollen layer that will cover my car within the next two weeks, no matter how much I wash it. Last year it was daily, to keep it from being a horrible yellow reminiscent of a baby's diaper.

With the new (and improved!.. bah) Daylight Savings, I can enjoy the balmy temperatures even longer in the day than before, therefore giving me more reason to rake my yard... and more time to procrastinate the chore.

Likewise, I can avoid mowing (but not for much longer), sweeping pine needles off my roof, and weeding the flower beds. Ah, spring! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a kleenex and some benadryl.

No comments: