Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Early is as others see it


Drops by =nemisis11 on deviantART

Early morning isn't my time of day. It used to be, when I was young and getting up at 6:00 am on a Saturday morning meant getting up in time to see the good cartoons. Then college happened, and I learned not to schedule a class before 11:00 am.



It seems that some people get up early, and drag their cameras out to prove it. It seems that this is not at all unusual in some circles. I do not run in those circles.



It's not to say that I'm a nightowl and cannot get up early. Simply, I will not get up early. The sun is my alarm clock, and it beats me up with regular frequency every single sunny day, despite my drawn blinds and the pillow I subsequently throw over my head in protest just after the crack of dawn.



Why is it that contractors and architects always want to build the master bedroom facing east? I'd prefer sitting in my chamber, watching the sun set over a finely chilled glass of white wine, full bodied and fruity, than I would rising to the invasive rays of morning long before anything happens in a town where the stores work from 10 am to 6 pm.



Wouldn't it be beneficial if with all the other labels real estate agents use to sell houses: 4 bedroom, 2 bath, colonial, cape cod, brick, stone, bungalow, fixer-upper, move-in ready... wouldn't it be great to add the category of "MB east" or "MB west" so we could easily tailor our house hunting to the direction of the sun in the early morning?



Were I to be a crack-of-dawn type of person, I would see the beauty of dew still on the grasses. I'm sure I'd love it. Instead, I'll just be grateful for early morning fanatics who go around toting cameras and taking shots like the one featured here by Jon Lawrence.



Photo appears courtesy of Jon Lawrence

1 comment:

MoJoe said...

My MB faces north and has a smallish window. Still, too much light filters in. Mornings suck.