Wednesday, October 04, 2006

out of fuel

It's amazing how easy it is to run out of fuel.

With regards to automobiles, it's as simple as ignoring the E, the flashing "low fuel" light, the letters on the dash that spell out "low mileage" (depending on the age of your auto, of course).

With regards to life, it can be forgetting/refusing to eat, it can be failing to get enough sleep, or it can be news that your daughter needs and will receive extensive surgery.

For me, today, it was the latter.

So here I am, ready and willing to burn paper crowns and exorcise demons, and I'm sideswiped by news that leaves me numb and reeling, even if it was somewhat expected. Granted, the news went far beyond what I expected, but it's the reconciling myself to the new reality that has left me speechless this evening.

And don't I have quite a bit to say for someone who's caught offguard and speechless?

1 comment:

Penny said...

Very interested in this papercrown.

Would love to hear more.

Hope you are feeling well.

Blessings to you.